8/12/2007

「老」趣

Growing old can be "fun"--網上看到幾則「老」笑話,分享一下。

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.

我覺得自己的身材已經完全走樣了,所以經醫生批准,到健身房報名,決定參加老人有氧運動班。我彎身、扭腰、轉動、上下跳躍,足足流了一小時的汗。可是啊,等到我好不容易終於把運動緊身衣穿上,人家已經下課了...

**************************************************************************************

Mary decided to go to the retirement home to see Susan, her high-school classmate. Mary, who hadn't seen Susan in 40 years, was delighted to find her in the lobby and said,
"Susan, do you know who I am?"
"No," Susan demurred, "but if you go to the desk, they'll tell you!"

瑪麗決定去老人中心去看老同學蘇珊,她倆已經四十年沒見面了。一進門就看見蘇珊在大廳裡,瑪麗高興地叫道:

「嗨!蘇珊,記得我是誰嗎?」
「不記得。」蘇珊搖搖頭:「不過,妳可以去問櫃台,他們會告訴妳妳是誰。」

**************************************************************************************

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

我的記性沒有以前那麼好了;而且,我的記性沒有以前那麼好了。

0 意見: